Wednesday, April 11, 2018

April 11 IFJM Adoration of the Magi


A sketch from
Adoration of the Magi
Lorenzo Monaco

on loan from the Uffizi Gallery
Circa 1420


Everyone knows I am a fan of art. But truth be known, I like this early renaissance period because I can sketch the faces. Today my 5th painting has arrived!  This is one of many adoration paintings commissioned in the renaissance.  I love the way their characters are all wearing 15th century clothing.  Patrons were often painted into  this mythical scene. 

Lorenzo Monaco was Fra Angelico’s teacher. So I will place the two painters work together on the same wall for the exhibit. I am using the center room for this special exhibition as these old paintings need special climate and lighting conditions. 

The rest of the rooms in the Bjorn museum are full of great natural lighting. I am always on the look out for some nice more contemporary art in those spaces. 

Tomorrow a very very old book arrives.

Izzy 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.