Sunday, April 24, 2022

30 Day Flower Challenge Lily Pads of Richmond Pond

 





Last night I went to see an Avant-Garde Dance troupe at Meany Hall in Seattle. Inspired by Mark Morris and his dancers, I took the playbill home and cut it up to make these dancing lily pads of Richmond Pond. Where sat my parent’s summer cabin in the Berkshires.  I played there for over 35 summers. It’s a place I return to in my mind when I seek meaning and solace. During the day I would paddle in our inflatable canoe around the lilies which meant curiosity could arise at a moment’s notice And observation could take a front seat while restless body would have a job to do keeping me moving through the cool blue waters. During the nights we went to see the famous Berkshires summer music, dance and theatre. Just like last night, it was the best life had to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.