Friday, April 8, 2022

30 Day Flower Challenge Day 7 The Primose






I dragged this pot of Primroses from my front porch. They have been in bloom since late January. I thought I would observe and paint them. Primroses are such troopers. Wilth the bulk of annuals waiting until the good weather, these hold their bloom in the cold. 

 

 

My mother gave me primroses  the day after my son Keir was born. She went to take a walk and  probably pick them up at a gift shop. It was September and although out of season, nursery's find ways to force their bloom. Coming from a family of five childen getting a gift from mom was special. I cherished the plants for months. Until the very last bloom fell off. Then I was at a loss of how to get them to keep blooming.

 

These primroses will head back to the front porch and will no doubt be tossed in May and supplanted with geraniums that come out around Mothers' Day. So be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.