Saturday, April 9, 2022

30 Day Flower Challenge Day 8. Sweet Violets

 




My dad's idea of the perfect flower is the violet.


On my 21rst Birthday Alex took me to Tavern on the Green in Central Park. By far the nicest restaurant I had ever stepped into thus far in my young life. My dad phoned  me at the restaurant. Back in 1977 that meant that the waiter would lug over a phone, cord and all to the table. He said he sent over some Violets and they would arrive shortly and that he loved me very much. I felt like a princess. 

 

They never came, but that didn't matter. It was the thought that counted.

 

Now the wild variety grows in my yard. If you are from the NW you might think of them as a weed. But for me they are confirmation of my Royal Veins.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.