Sunday, April 30, 2017

Last Day of Fake Blog



International Fake Journal Month with Roz Stendahl Zoey the sculptor from Zeattle April 30, 2017 8:36 AM

Well the week is over, I have to say it was quite an experience. Most of these postings were fast and slap dash. Keeping it quick and spontaneous has allowed me to come up with a new twist to my story line everyday. Also, I loved learning about a sculpture. My biggest frustration has been about finding ways to display the panels in quick succession. The blog format doesn't cut it. And it really fails big time on the phones. Happy will be the day when I can find a really comic flipping function. I am sure it is out there but I haven't figured it out yet.

My goals list?

1) Build a world by creating rooms for my characters, practice perspective.
2) Flesh out my characters. Same voice, outfit, hair style, and accessories.
3) Learn how to use gray ink wash and or cross hatch to enhance realism.
4) Create thumbnails first, instead of going with the first thing that comes to mind.
5) Tease out more details on the collage paper. Using either watercolor, watercolor pencils, charcoal or colored pens.
6) Continue to research and study of animals, history, geography etc.

What have I learned?

1) How to quickly take a line drawing and convert it into an electronic image. Hint: select the line, grow the selection by one or two pixels, fill with black, erase the back ground

2) How to draw in perspective. I read through a book about one, two and three point perspective and learned tons. The book I used was called "Perspective for comic book artists" by David Chelsea. I could reread it all over again and should.

3) I learned to let one day's entry dictate the next day's entry. And to just add details.

4) I learned to draw from memory instead of searching for source material.

5) I learned how much fun it was to work with such a supportive group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.