Monday, June 25, 2012

Medical School, a first

Vero had a great talk with mom this afternoon ( well it was night for us)


she said I was perfect in every way but she was shocked that I had never dried my laundry out on a line before! Quell horror!


We have been going so fast that I am all wound up. It is hot and I really need to sleep. But I can't.

In the morning I have a bunch of little things to take care of like change a train reservation and check the contents of my cash card and make a hotel res for Avignon. None of this should take more than 15 minutes but I am ready for hassles. The Internet is slow, my passwords and numbers are not fully working on the French sites and the keyboard is unfamiliar. I am ready for a two hour hassle.

And I have Montpellier on my mind. I imagine mom and dad meeting up in the 1950's and Mark living in town in the 1970's and my French family who frequent the streets today. On top of that went on a tour of the first formal medical school formed some around 1069AD.
The tour was in French and so I missed a lot of info. But what I did understand was pretty cool. The tour ended with a sort of museum of Anatomy. It was gruesome but also amazing. My head spins with so much history and science. I forget that humanity has come so far. I fully intend to do some more research and fill you in with the interesting details.

Tomorrow we head back to the beach to spend some more time itch Mirelle and then have dinner with Francoise.

So here are some photos of The place de Comedy and of the medical museum.

1 comment:

  1. Btw, I lived at 2 rue Fournarie, right behind City Hall. It would be so cool if you could find it and get a picture.
    And Mom and Dad met first in Austria, then again in Marseille, not Montpellier.

    ReplyDelete

Love all comments.