Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Dear Ole' Dad

October 25, 2022


Happy Birthday Dad. You’d be 94 today. Always the reader. Reading next to your homemade BBQ pit was the ultimate afternoon experience. After reading the paper, he would use them to ignite the outdoor stove for dinner. Making good use of paper was so natural to him. In fact, both of my parents knew the value of material goods. They were not wasters. Let me put it this way, the garbage bin was always half full come garbage day. My dad didn’t even use shampoo. A bar of soap would do for all hair and body. The increasing use of plastic in our society was a real concern of his. Rightly so. He would surely "roll over in his grave” if he knew to what extent this next generation consumed. 

 

Note the shorts. I think he was the front runner of cutoff jeans. 

 

Love you dad and thanks for the civic lessons. I still carry them in my heart. Wish I could do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.