Sunday, March 5, 2017

Day One:Santiago

Growth is the willingness to let reality be new every moment.
The only thing real     is love.
Finding love minute by minute this is what my journey is about.


My family began in Santiago in 1955.
By the time I was born in 1957,
Our family grew to five.
Today return in name for all of us
My two American born siblings, Mark in 1958 and Erica in 1960
follow along with me from afar.


Tomorrow I will be passing by my first house. But for now I journal about Alex's cousin Chechi's place.



“The breeze of the afternoon gently dries my hair. I imagine my corps remembers this country. This was where I experienced my first sensation of wind, sun air and color. I think of my grandson to be born in less than two months who will soon be breathing in life for the first time. I smile. Presently,  I sit in a garden surrounded by pots of succulents. I spot a snail attached to one of the pots. But decide to sketch the side yard instead”


Here is the side yard. The outdoor washing machine is on the left, the sink also seconds as a sprinkler for the lawn. A dove like bird keeps me company. Notice the lock on the gate. The entire house is surrounded by locks in the gated community. Security is big here and as you can imagine, all of the locking and unlocking adds time to coming and going.




Here is a sketch of the side of the house. The succulents are spectacular. Graciela, Chechi's wife credits her mom for them as she has brought these plants over as gifts. 

Here are some photo's of our first day










No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.