Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Dream


My Dream

My dream is to wake every morning,
rested from a night of sweet slumber
Wrapped in crisp, breathable sheets
To these eyes of brown 
And the smile that melts all hearts

It is a dream 
because although I wake 
to the beauty,
it is only in pictures 
that I see the most amazing woman,
and touch the softest of skin

She is shared with the world now
Cancer took her
like she has taken us

We are still allowed to dream, 
laugh, spin, be free

I want to always remember 
the love of life through death
the fragility of it
the complete powerless vulnerability that is breath
the smell of seasons and salt, and fresh cut grass
my dream is to wake, taking all of this in
because she cannot

Now she smiles elsewhere with her healthy body 
and soulful love, always near, but never here

knowing his dream is to wake 
beside her

she follows him where he goes