Sunday, April 19, 2015

Limbo



Limbo

I was with her at the moment of death.
When her heart stopped,
when she drew her last breath.
She left my sister and I at her bedside,
in a body that she would no longer reside,
to wonder where she had gone
hours and hours before dawn.
Like a ship on the foggiest horizon,
giving off the faintest siren.
Sounding a bit like a celestial chorus
that gave my sister’s corpus solace.
She disappeared into the night
Never again to see the morning light.

I feel we are all one
Here in my body you in that one.
In the lowly cricket
and in the granite
Namaste, The holy spirit,
All on one planet.
 
But my mom who just closed her eyes
and can’t hear my cries,
shatters my feeling sof one
I’m here in my body and she in no one.
And so I must wait
until they open the gate
And hope she leaves limbo
so she can open my window
to say she is alright
and that her new life is bright.