Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I'm her in this town.


I'm here in this town

I was raised to try harder than I want,
and to accept
getting buried in someone else's treasure.

I'm just alright but the moon's awkward light,
asked me to promise
to bear this sort of burden.

When I look to the stars
to see which one is ours,
   I barely, just barely
   trust the answer.

So I'll do what I can
to share this great land 
and to take out all the hills and distractions.

Though I know that I'm one
and I know she is too,
I've made a promise to always support her.

I'll catch her when she falls,
I'll wrap her when she's cold,
and I'll breathe on my own
when I'm able.

I'm here in this town, on somewhat familiar ground
giving the gift that I know
I was called to.

So pass me the light and I'll point it just right   
to    the    places
that need a little brilliance.