Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Giraffes on my mind today while making pasteries


I am a nervous wreck. I am leaving on a plane in one hour to visit my 87 year old mom who is sick with pneumonia. I am running around in circles and find myself trying to use up the extras in the refrigerator. I will be gone for a week and didn't want anything to got to waste. SO I came across a bit of pastry dough from last night's quiche.  I rolled out the dough and made a giraffe on top from the leftover scraps. It was delicious cooked and filled my need for something special. It is funny how when under stress I go for comfort foods. It reminded me of the times my mom would let me make my own pastry from left over dough so many years ago. Here's hoping the giraffe angel will help me take care of Simone over the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all comments.